Thursday, October 28, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Once again by looking to his appointees and friends we can see who Obama is and what he really believes in. Obama believes in social justice and has stated several times that his salvation is dependent upon collective salvation or his saving all of us. This is contrary to what I believe. I believe that I am responsible for my own salvation, that I do not need big government to tell me how to live my life and I certainly do not what the money made here in America being taken from us and given to poorer countries as Obama's advisers have all stated that they want to do.
Please vote on November 2, 2010 and vote for the person who will bring out wonderful country back to where it should be.
Monday, October 11, 2010
America tests in the middle of other countries
Percentage of U.S. eighth-graders testing at or above proficient in math:
• Massachusetts 51%
• Higher than any other state.
Countries that did better on a comparable test:
Hong Kong 66%
• Lower than any other state
• (Only the District of Columbia did worse 8%.)
We cannot continue to be mediocre we must strive for excellence and to be the best or we will lose our edge to those countries such as China and India who are willing to put in the effort to help their students succeed.
Below is a report on student education in America that is worth the time to read.
The American Education Diet: Can U.S. Students Survive On Junk Food?
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
I have worked with people with disabilities since I was ten years old. I have friends who have severely disabled children and do not know a single parent that would put a pillow over their child's face because it would save them some inconvenience. We know a family whose daughter was born with CHARGE syndrome and has struggled her whole life, but this beautiful girl is so amazing she makes all who are around her smile and happy. We love being around this lovely girl and could not imagine how anyone could consider having put a pillow over her face and snuff out her life.
What are these people thinking to believe that we want to snuff out the lives of those with disabilities or who are weaker than we are. Those with disabilities should be protected and loved.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Cass Sunstein is Obama's Regulatory czar that has not had to be approved by congress or the senate. His full title is Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. He is considered to be a scholar in the fields of constitutional law, administrative law, environmental law and behavioral economics. His current book is "Nudge" so titled because it teaches his followers how to nudge the American people in the direction they want us to go, just like cattle. He is married to Samantha Power, the National Security Council's Senior director for Multilateral Affairs. He sounds intelligent right so why is he so scary and why is he so dangerous to you and I?
He openly promotes a socialist bill of rights and has petitioned to redistribute America's wealth, he supports the abolition of marriage as a legal institution, and has pushed for a "New Deal of Fairness Doctrine" to regulate the news media along with other more radical goals.
At a conference in April of 2005 entitled "The Constitution in 2020" he sought to change the nature and interpretation of the Constitution by that year. If you do not know he has already begun with that goal, but that is for another post. On his blog he wrote that " I will be urging that it is important to resist, on democratic ground, the idea that the document (constitution) should be interpreted to reflect the view of the extreme right-wing of the Republican Party."
He has argued that an economic crisis can be used to usher socialism into the United States (sound familiar they are putting this into practice right now in Washington). and has said that economic crisis "provide the most promising conditions for the emergence of socialism in the U.S.
Not only does he support socialism in the United States he gives support to communism. He says that Americans emphasize the importance of civil and political liberties, above all free speech and freedom of religion, while communist nations stress the right to a job, health care and a social minimum." Sounds like Washington today doesn't it? Everyone should have a job, health care and social justice. That is not what America is based on. We all have according to the Preamble the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. There never was a guarantee that the government would provide those things for us. We must go out and get them ourselves.
He wants to redistribute America's wealth to poorer nations (again we will talk about this in future posts) He says that "It is possible that desirable redistribution is more likely to occur through climate change policy than otherwise, or to be accomplished more effectively through climate policy than through direct foreign aid." You should read some of the policies that his administration is trying to implement through the government and barring that through the United Nations to get around the policies here in America they are scary how they will affect you.
This last one is most curious and I am not sure how to interpret it. He feels that an adult dog or horse is more rational than a human infant and should, therefore be granted similar rights. He has gone so far as to suggest that animals be given the right to sue humans in court.
This man is scary and the fact that he is Obama's best friend and confidant makes him even more so. Obama does not make any decisions without input from Cass Sunstein and Sunstein is an avowed Socialist and Communist. Why is he allowed to make policy for us, the American people?
Thursday, September 23, 2010
The current administration wants to take our liberties away from us. Cass Sunstein has said that the American populous is like Homer Simpson and that when you know who they are you can manipulate them because they don't know what they need and are not smart enough to make decisions so government must make those decisions for us.
I for one resent being told that I am not smart enough to understand politics or able to make basic decisions in life. Our government is trying to take control of every facet of our lives here are just a few examples.
In Boston they are thinking about banning soda in vending machines because sugary drinks are not healthy for you. In San Francisco the Mayor Gavin Newsom banned sodas and other sugary beverages from public buildings. San Fransisco also wants to ban Happy Meals or any other meal that comes with a toy while Santa Clara County approved an ordinance that breaks the link between unhealthy food and prizes.
In Texas a third grader was put into detention for one week. What was her crime? She had the audacity to eat a Jolly Rancher. Not the whole bag, not a handful but one sinful piece of candy and she was given detention for a week.
In New York City it is a crime for any restaurant to add salt to any meal that they prepare and California has banned all transfats. San Francisco wants to forbid pets because people do not understand the responsibilities that go with owning a pet.
There was a man in Georgia who was ticketed for growing too much food in his backyard garden and giving the excess away to those in need. I mean really.
I believe that people should be allowed to eat what they wish and have pets if they wish and by all means children should be able to eat a piece of candy. The government has too much power with their healthcare plan if they feel that they can tell us what to eat and drink now.
Personally I do not eat out in restaurants very often perhaps once every 4-6 months, I eat healthy with fruits and vegetables, grains and not much sugar and drink soda only occasionally . I exercise and I do not put much salt in any on my food yet I am considered obese. Since going into menopause at 32 the weight has piled on even though I eat 1200-1400 calories a day and exercise. Nothing that I do will budge the weight so what is the government going to do with me. Am I going to be denied healthcare because I cannot lose the weight. Are they judging me without the facts?
Even if I was out gorging myself everyday the government should not be involved in my life. If I want to eat myself into oblivion who are they to intervene? I feel that other Americans should not have to pay for my medical bills if I choose to live an unhealthy lifestyle but neither should they be punished by being to forced to eat what they do not chose to eat.
Wake up America if they can control what we eat what else will they want to take control of?
Saturday, September 11, 2010
A list of some of the unconstitutional actions of Presidents Barack Obama
1. You signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. But now we can see that the administration's trillion dollar stimulus plan clearly is not working. Both the Constitution and history are witnesses that testify that the Stimulus Plan is both a federal usurpation of power and economically misguided. It may very well cause another "catastrophe". You promised that his plan would create jobs immediately and keep the unemployment rate below eight percent. We are at about 9.5% without including those who are no longer counted due to the length of their unemployment. Americans are asking "Where are the Jobs?" With 14.6 million people officially jobless, 5.9 million who have stopped looking but say they want a job and 8.5 who are working part time but would like to work full time, you end up with nearly 30 million Americans who cannot find the work they want and desperately need. The ARRA is primarily designed not to stimulate the economy, not to build the size and scope of government the economy. They are based on the idea that feeding "new" money into the economy will create economic growth. But he money isn't new- it's either taxed or borrowed. It's essentially redistributed from one group of people to another, and no new money is created. And also, State governors, looking down the gun barrel of long-term spending forced on them by your "stimulus" plan are saying they will refuse to take the money. This is a constitutional confrontation between the federal government and the states unlike any in our time.
2. You signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act into law. The federal government is now forcing Americans to buy health insurance. Even with the disapproval of the American majority you pushed through what we call "Obamacare." Over 20 states are now suing the federal government over your health care reform law. This law began the process to socialize American's health care system. It forces Americans to buy health insurance from a private company against our will.
3. You appointed over thirty Czars without any congressional oversight to control every aspect of the country.
4. You intervened in the troubled automotive industry, renewing loans for General Motors and Chrysler corporation to continue operations while reorganizing. Over the following months the White House set terms for both firms' bankruptcies, including reorganization of GM giving the US government a temporary 60% equality stake in the company. Where in the Constitution does it say the government can do that?
5. You signed into law the popular Car Allowance Rebate System, known popularly as "Cash for Clunkers." In the middle of our country's worst financial crisis you give out freebies with taxpayer dollars?
6. You used your executive powers to shakedown British Petroleum after the oil leak catastrophe in the Gulf to create the $20 billion escrow (slush) fund without any law, legal controls, or binding rules to guide it on how and how much those injured materially by the oil spill (and whom among them) will be paid.
7. I would add that this administration put pressure on the preacher in Florida who wanted to burn the Koran. While I do not agree with his actions he under our constitution has every right to do this. The State Department should never have become involved, should not have called this man and put pressure on him. It is an American right to protest in whatever way we see fit and as long as this man was not injuring others physically or doing harm he has the right to protest. Again I do not agree with how he wanted to protest but that is his right.
Friday, September 10, 2010
America is in trouble we are spending money that we do not have. If we the people were so fiscally irresponsible we would have our assets seized and be homeless. This seems to be the direction that the current administration wants to take us. They are like a kid in a candy store they want it all and are willing to put the country at risk to get it. The following is taken from www.McNaughtonarts.com
1. The United States is essentially bankrupt with over thirteen trillion dollars in debt and more being added by the minute. The time will shortly come when we will not have enough money in the federal budget to pay the interest on American borrowed money. When that day arrives, the U.S Treasury Secretary will declare a "force measure" within days of this repudiation of the US deficit, everyone will be scrambling to dump their US currency.
2. A dollar collapse is when the value of the dollar falls so fast that all those who hold dollars panic, and sell them at any cost. The collapse of the dollar means that everyone is trying to sell their dollar denominated assets, and no one wants to buy them, driving the value of the dollar down to zero.
3.We have never seen the collapse of a currency like the dollar. Even the hyperinflation during Germany's Wiemar Period cannot serve as an example. Since the dollar is the reserve currency of most of he world, a panic out of he dollar means more dollars will return to the U.S shores than any country has ever experienced. Other countries have had collapsed currencies but never in the history of finance has so much currency been held outside a country of issue, that could come flying back almost on a moments notice. If the panic out of dollar starts, eve if Bernanke stops printing money (unlikely, all the dollars flying back into the U.S. could cause a huge price inflation all on its own.
4.The Office of Management and Budget forecasts that, by the end of fiscal year 2012, gross federal debt will total $16.3 trillion. thus, the debt will equal 101% of gross domestic product, which represents a milestone in the U.S. economy. Public debt alone, which excludes amounts that the government essentially owes itself, will be 67% of GDP by the end of fiscal 2012.
5. President Obama's budget plans call for running the national debt to $16.2 trillion by 2012, and an astounding $20 trillion by 2015. The projected run-up in the national debt from 2009-2015 is equivalent to the total debt accrued under the previous 43 presidents combined.
6. It took the U.S. government 191 years from 1791 until 1982 to run up its first trillion dollars in debt. It only too four years after that for Congress to add another trillion dollars to the total.
7. Don't blame the rising debt on inflation. Between 1946 and 1982 the national debt was virtually unchanged even with inflation taking into account. However, all that changed in 1983. since then, with the notable exceptions of 200 and 2001, the national debt has crept upward at an exponential pace.
8.Our founding fathers weren't adept at managing debt either. In 1791 the national debt was a mere $75 million. But that is equivalent to $5.2 trillion in 2008 dollars if you take into account the-year debt relative to the GDP.
9. the US government is funding its deficit spending by borrowing at an unsustainable rate. China holds over a trillion US dollars worth of US Treasury bonds and debt. An even uglier fact is that China holds massive investments in private US corporations and has hidden the extent of its holdings through third parties. Simply put, China has the power to destroy what is left of America's fleeced financial system. If China sells its massive dollar holdings, the value of the "mighty US dollar" will plummet. If America fails to pay its debt. China can claim America's government assets in the same way a bank forecloses on your house if you don't make the payments.
10.Sometime between 2030 and 2040 mandatory spending (primarily Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and interest on the national debt) will exceed tax revenue. In other words, all discretionary spending (e.g. defense, homeland security, law enforcement, education etc) will require borrowing and related deficit spending.
11. The federal Reserve Bank continues to print money at will. The billions of dollars that have been created out thin air because of the stimulus package are only decreasing the value of the dollar. Not only is the value of the dollar decreasing the Federal Reserve Bank is causing people to do things that they normally would not do. With extremely low interest rates people are going to buy homes. There is no problem with people buying homes except that many of these homebuyers cannot truly afford homes. For reference to this take a look a the subprime mortgage crisis.
12.Public debt owned by foreigners has increased to approximately $4.5 trillion. As a result, a large percentage of the interest payments are now leaving the country, which is different from past years when interest was paid to US citizens holding the public debt. Nearly half of the debt increase over the 2009-2019 period will be due to interest. The debt is projected to nearly double to $20 trillion by 2015, but is expected to increase to nearly 100% of GDP by 2020 and remain at that level thereafter. These estimates assume real GDP growth (after inflation) ranging from 2.6% to 4.6% annually from 2010 through 2019, at 24% and 20% respectively.
13. In 2009 a number of countries, including China and Russia, proposed that the dollar should be replaced with a global currency. This would create the biggest overhaul of the world's monetary system since the Second World War. If another currency or basket of currencies replaced the dollar as the reserve currency, the US will need to offer higher interest rates to attract capital, reducing long-term economic growth. It would cause a Depression of dismal proportions.
14. At every step in this great dollar decline, the fed chief has sworn, that he supports a strong dollar. He has promised that the dollar would retain its dominant role as the world's reserve currency. but in reality, Bernanke has done absolutely nothing to halt the dollar's fall. To the contrary:The Fed Chief has been printing new, unbacked dollars like there's no tomorrow-a move that can only cause the dollars value to vanish faster.
15. American exports are continuing their decline; imports are also plummeting, but not as sharply as exports, contributing to a widening trade gap. In essence, America's economy will continue to decline. So here we have a perfect fiscal storm, quantitative easing by the Federal Reserve, massive overseas borrowing by the federal government to pay its basic operating expenses and massive borrowing or printing of dollars to pay for imports not covered by the net value of America's exports.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Our soldiers who have fought so diligently and suffered so much and lost much so that we can have the freedoms that we enjoy truly know the meaning of these words. They know that the code of ethics that these word perpetuate embrace the highest moral laws and will stand the test of any ethics of philosophies ever promulgated for mankind. Its requirements are for the things that are right and its restraints are from the things that are wrong. Our soldiers, above all other men, practice the greatest act-- sacrifice. However, horrible the incidents of war may be, our soldiers are called upon to offer and to give their lives for our country. They are trained to fight, they have the will to win, the sure knowledge that in war there is no substitute for victory,they know that if they lose the nation will be destroyed, that their offering in service is Duty, Honor, Country. Our soldiers and their families pray for peace but as Plato as said "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
We as citizens of the United States need to take a stand and make the sacrifice of our soldiers mean something. We need to stand up for our freedoms and not take them for granted any more. We need to understand where this current government is taking us and reverse the trend. We need to remember the words Duty, Honor and Country.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Obama has given her so much trust that it is not surprising that Jarrett has been key to recruiting cabinet positions however it is surprising that she has recruited so many radicals such as Cass Sunstein the Regulatory Czar, and Mark Lloyd the Chief Diversity Officer in the Federal Communications Commission. We will discuss them in future posts.
Jarrett's father-in-law Vernon Jarrett was an associate of Frank Marshall Davis the controversial labor movement activist who was an early influence on Obama. Vernon Jarrett worked with Davis whose Citizen's Committee to Aid Packing House Workers was Communist Party Dominated. they both also were often seen at the South Side Community Arts Center which was dominated by communists and they both worked for the Chicago Defender a communist backed paper.
Valerie Jarrett has worked closely with and been influenced by communists her whole career and is married to the son of a communist activist. It is telling that she is President Obama's closest adviser and the person closest to him other than his wife.
Why are we allowing people with communist ties to have such an influence in government affairs?
We need to wake up and see where we are heading as a country and where our government is taking us.
Friday, August 20, 2010
When Barack Obama was campaigning for president in 2008 his campaign slogan was "change that we can believe in" but as the columnist Jackie Cushman has written "We were told to vote for change we could believe in and found we had elected people who wanted to change what we believe. I find that Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are forcing their Leftist-Socialist agenda down our throats with blatant disregard for what the American people want or desire. It concerns me that our President has misrepresented the facts and his stance on many occasions and that he has surrounded himself with advisors and confidants who have pasts that are downright scary. For this post I want to introduce you to some of these people that have the ear of the president and are his close friends.
One of the first I would like to discuss is Van Jones. President Obama made Jones the Special Advisor to White House Council for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation even though Jones is the founder of a radical communist organization. Jones had also signed a petition accusing President Bush of being involved in 9/11.
According to Aaron Kline (The Manchurian President Chapter 10), Jones is the founder and leader of the communist revolutionary organization STORM which stands for Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement. STORM which was organized in 1994 is one of the most influential radical groups in the San Francisco area. By his own admission Jones became a communist after the Rodney King riots in 1992. He has boasted to The East Bay Express that his environmental activism is a means to fight for racial and class "justice". STORM's official manifesto "Reclaiming Revolution" was on the internet until Aaron Kline and others wrote about it. The Manifesto states that Jones has a "commitment to the fundamental ideas of Marxism Leninism". "We agreed with Lenin's analysis of the state and the party," "And we found inspiration in the revolutionary strategies developed by Third World revolutionaries like Mao Zedong and Amilcar Cabral."
Jones has hosted rallies that were "an anti-imperialist line" that were in solidarity with Arab and Muslim Americans that were sympathetic to the victims of U.S. imperialism around the world." He was also the keynote speaker at a rally for the launch of the national Maoist terrorist supporting antiwar group, Not In Our Name founded by Revolutionary Communists which urges resistance against the United States Government. In 2005 Jones classified the United States as an "apartheid regime". He urges "resistance against the police, spreading the wealth, changing the whole system. Jones is also a member of the Apollo alliance, which we will discuss in future posts.
Van Jones is just one of the many advisors that surround President Barack Obama whose background should preclude him from any contact with anyone in our government let alone the top leader in the land, but there are many more that we will discuss in future posts.